Michael and Amy Alley Student Professional Development Fellows
The purpose of this support is to provide students in the Scott College of Business additional learning experiences and professional development through events such as corporate conferences, business competitions, membership into university and national business organizations, and resources dedicated to help students prepare, polish and become career ready. The students receiving the awards will be named “Alley Fellows.”
Recipients will be determined based on the established criteria. Alley Fellowships will support project requests up to $1,500 per student. Proposals for awards outside of this range will not be considered. Eligibility criteria and conditions of the Alley Fellows are:
- Must be a full-time student in the Scott College of Business
- Must submit to the selection committee the following:
- A description of the project, activity, or professional development to be supported by the fellowship, not to exceed 500 words. This essay should thoroughly describe the objectives and details of the proposed activity, indicating why it is significant or impactful for the applicant and why fellowship funding is essential to support the activity.
- A detailed breakdown of the requested funding and how it will be used in accomplishing the project objectives.
- A summary of the applicant’s education, community/campus involvement, and applicable experience.
- Two letters of recommendation from an academic or professional reference describing the candidate’s potential and qualification to carry out the objectives of the fellowship proposal.
This funding is available on an annual basis and is not automatically renewable, however, eligible students may apply each academic year.