Hazel Tesh Pfennig Memorial Scholarship - renewal application
This scholarship is awarded to students majoring in English, based upon academic achievement (minimum 3.5 GPA) and financial need.
1. To be considered for renewal, you must fill out this application.
2. You will be interviewed by the Pfennig Scholarship Committee in mid-February.The English Department will contact you to schedule an interview time, and you will be notified in April of the results.
3. The Pfennig Awards Ceremony will be held in late April or early May. The day and time will be announced at a later date. Pfennig Scholarship recipients are expected to attend. Family and friends are cordially invited.
- Supplemental Questions
- Pfennig Consent
- Please electronically sign below indicating your understanding of and consent to all the provisions listed above.
- Please read carefully the following statements:
- Anticipated date of graduation
- What is your English Courses GPA?
- Please upload your unofficial transcript
- Faculty Advisor
- Indicate how you are meeting your college expenses and describe any particular financial needs you may have.
- Please list all scholarships that you are receiving and how they will be used.
- How would getting a Pfennig Scholarship help you pursue your career goals? (Please be specific.)
- Select and, if you wish, revise a paper that you wrote for a course during Spring or Fall 2018. If possible, it should be a documented paper from an English course, but any substantial sample of your writing is acceptable.
- Please provide the names and email addresses of two individuals who can recommend you for the Hazel Tesh Pfennig scholarship. Both of your references must come from a member of the ISU English Department. MAKE SURE to ask your references if they can write a letter for you ahead of time and tell them that they will receive an email from us requesting it. Also tell them what the scholarship application deadline is.
- Show 5 more