Sycamore Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
Are you interested in research and hands-on learning? The Sycamore Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) enables students to work alongside faculty doing hands-on research. To be eligible for consideration, students must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
1. $2,500 * award for fall semester
2. Fifteen (15) awards available
3. Not renewable, but funded research positions may be available for subsequent semesters
4. Admission to ISU deadline: February 1
5. Open to Indiana and out-of-state residents
6. Not open to international, online-only, or returning ISU students
All incoming freshmen who are admitted to the University by February 1 and meet the criteria listed below will be eligible to apply for this scholarship. To be awarded this scholarship, students must be entering ISU fall.
- Students selected for this award will enroll in a special section of UNIV 299, guaranteeing them a semester-long research experience. In addition, students will have opportunities for continued research.
You have opportunities to be a SURFer in a variety of subject areas-this is not specific to certain majors.
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe any significant research experiences you’ve already had in or outside of the classroom and how that will apply to your major/program at Indiana State.
- Tell us about a time where you solved a problem or challenge through research. Document the process step by step.